Pay Rate: $14/hour
Hours worked: 10/week
Dates of employment: January 2022 until student graduates
Federal Work-Study: Required
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The non-profit intern will assist in the day-to-day operations of Friends of the Dunes, including reception and visitor services at the Humboldt Coastal Nature Center, data entry, organization and cleaning, events planning, volunteer management, and special projects as assigned. Intern will aid in preparation and execution of Friends of the Dunes’ Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programs. The intern will be required to work at least 2-3 hours on a weekday (Monday-Friday) and a longer 6-7 hour shift on a weekend day (Saturday or Sunday).
Candidates should have:
• Proof of Federal Work-Study eligibility
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Some knowledge of and interest in natural sciences and resource management
• Interest in education and community outreach
• Ability to be detail oriented, dependable, organized, and an independent worker
• Up to date computer skills, MS Word and Excel
• Ability to perform moderately strenuous activities (such as moving displays and setting up tables).
• Experience with volunteer coordination
• Fluent in Spanish
Nonprofit Interns should believe in and represent Friends of the Dunes mission of conserving the natural diversity of coastal environments through community supported education and stewardship programs.
The Humboldt Coastal Nature Center is a unique building. The open concept and structure of the building create acoustics that may not be ideal for all employees. To mitigate, noise-cancelling headphones are available for all staff to reduce noise and distractions.
How to Apply
How to Apply Send a single PDF document containing a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of two references to email@example.com by midnight January 16, 2022.