2015 Sand Sculpture Festival
Oh my - what a perfect day for a sand sculpture festival! 27 sculptures were built under warm, partly cloudy skies. Hundreds of spectators swarmed the beach in Manila to view these spectacular creations; many people, especially the young'uns, played in the surf. Below you can see three of the winners but be sure to view the photo gallery to see pictures of all the sculptures!
Remember, you can still get one of the awesome octopus T-shirts in the gift shop at the Humboldt Coastal Nature Center!
1. GOLDEN SHOVEL AWARD "Octo" by Widlberries
26. BEST YOUTH SCULPTURE "The Shell House" by Strawberry Pancake
7. MOST DEDICATED DIGGERS "Big Feet Big Fun" by Rotary Club of Arcata Sunrise and Rotaract
14. MOST IMAGINATIVE "Tardibabe" by Team Invertebabes
24. FOD Staff Pick "Rana" by iGanadores
4. PEOPLE'S CHOICE "Buffal-Owen" by Team Owen
16. BEST OF SHOW "The Never Ending Sculpture" by Falcor Cold Medinas